Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 997 tt Rear Brake Air ducts Installed

Mike, if you can get me the part number, http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=997gt32brakes

I can try to get you a better price then suncoast

Thanks Steve..
    street: GT3RS
    track: GT3CUP

Quick update.

I went to the track. The rotors were glowing red under really hard braking at turn 1. My friends have pictures. Needless to say, after only 1 cooiling lap, I go to the pits, and the front rotors are at a cool 300 or so degrees. and the rears at 200 degrees. Thats after 30 minute sessions. I never got brake fade. I didn't have the brake bite up front because of the pads i'm running but overall, amazing upgrades with these cooling ducs

nasa_thunderhill-1000.jpg

Enrique, where exactly is Thunderhill?

From their website:
    Thunderhill Raceway Park is conveniently located near the friendly city of Willows California. Just 7 miles west of Interstate 5 on Hwy 162.

http://vespasian.lunariffic.com/~thu...?page=Location

Hi Guys,

What was the part number for the $19 option? I followed the suncoast link and it leads to the GT3 rear ducts which are not what was in the pictures.

Thanks

Richard
    -------------------------------------------
    RacingRich

1999 Boxster Spec X (PSS9's, GT3 and Tarrent Sway Bars, Third Radiator and only 2800 pounds with me)

Richard Im taking the 997 GT3 front brake ducts off my car to put on 996 Cup ducts... if you want them they are yours

Quote Originally Posted by racingrich View Post
    Hi Guys,

What was the part number for the $19 option? I followed the suncoast link and it leads to the GT3 rear ducts which are not what was in the pictures.

Thanks

Richard
    Richard, are you talking about the rears that i installed ? It's worth it big time imo.
    997-331-487-02 and 997-331-488-02

Our cars don't have much rear brake bias hence i don't think we need bigger ones. imo.

I looked into both these options

looks like the GT3RS brake ducts that Steve mentions will not work on my 997S.

I will order and install the 997TT ones the F1 installed before my next track event!

Sorry for bringing this back up from a couple months ago but I have been researching the rear brake ducts. Now that I have looked closely at this picture with the RSS logo it appears that the 2 options are really intended for two different purposes, no?

Looks as though the $40 a pair option (997 Turbo ducts mounted on trailing arm) are caliper cooling ducts and the $200 a pair (997GT3RS ducts mounted on lower control arm) are rotor cooling ducts.

Am I interpreting this correctly???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    Dell

Current P-cars:
    996 Turbo (no mods )
    996 CAB

Quote Originally Posted by Dell View Post
    Sorry for bringing this back up from a couple months ago but I have been researching the rear brake ducts. Now that I have looked closely at this picture with the RSS logo it appears that the 2 options are really intended for two different purposes, no?

Looks as though the $40 a pair option (997 Turbo ducts mounted on trailing arm) are caliper cooling ducts and the $200 a pair (997GT3RS ducts mounted on lower control arm) are rotor cooling ducts.

Am I interpreting this correctly???
    That is my understanding as well. I just had the rear turbo brake duts put on along with the gt3 brake ducts up front. I spoke with some folks at the dealership re the gt3rs rotor cooling ducts and they didn't think they would fit without modifying the mounting bracket and the underbody panels.
    2006 911 C2 - PSE, Porsche Short Shifter, Sport Steering Wheel, Sport Chrono, Bridgestone RE-11's on OZ Alleggritas, JIC Cross Coilover kit, GT3 brake ducts up front and Turbo brake ducts out back.

Can someone provide the part#s for the GT3.2 rear brake air ducts?

Thanks,