Thread: New Cayman Roll Bar Available!

New Cayman Roll Bar Available!

Hey Fellas,

We've been hard at work building the products that you've asked for! I would like to introduce the newest product available through Hergesheimer MotorSports from Lucas Fab Industries. The new Cayman Gen 1 roll bar is the answer for the track enthusiast looking for some actual rollover protection, not just a harness bar.

Specs:

• Constructed of 1.75" diameter, 0.95 wall thickness, 4130 Chromolly steel
    • Beautifully tig welded by hand in Southern California
    • True race cage main hoop and diagonal for roll over protection
    • Complete bolt in installation and removal using factory mounting points
    • Slight carpet trimming for snug fit.
    • Available in raw steel or standard powdercoat colors
    • Removable rear down tubes and rear diagonal with motorsport couplers
    • Introductory pricing is $2395 including black or white powdercoat. (Raw steel -$100)

Contact me for orders. Dealer inquiries welcomed. We also have two Cayman harness bar options available if you're looking for something more subtle.

Very clean work. Can't wait to see it in person. Looks really good in the pictures and allows easy access to the engine bay.

How did you guys bolt it down behind the seats?

Thanks Niraj. I wish I had some better photography skills! Maybe Jason can post some better pics?

The rear diagonal drops out for engine work. You don't always need to take it out unless you're replacing some big parts. The rear down tubes to the towers come out too.

The bar mounts to the factory studs used for the Boxster roll bar. The Cayman actually comes with those studs installed already. It sits on a solid part of the body, not just bolted to a seatbelt hole or the thin floorboard.

This is stunning great job Eric and Josh!!
    street: GT3RS
    track: GT3CUP

My car was used as the prototype for this bar and I have to commend HRG and Lucas Fab on doing an amazing job. The fit and finish on the bar are top notch.

The idea for this bar came up at our last POC event when there were about 6 CSX (Cayman Spec) guys at the event and we began to talk about safety and roll over protection. Without taking anything away from whats available out there in the market, this bar was designed with this in mind. For me personally, I gained 2 seconds off my best lap time this past weekend. I would attribute some of this improvement to becoming better as a driver, feeling more confident in pushing the car because I have some protection now, and being held in place better with the new equipment. Hergesheimer did a really good job with the install as the car performed flawlessly all weekend. Thanks Eric!

I'm going to take some up close pics this weekend, and post here.
    06 Cayman S - POC CSX # 925

Update: We have just finished another batch of the bars and 3 are in stock and available to ship out!

Niiiice!!!

Looks awesome! I think this is the first roll bar I've seen for a Cayman! Great, clean work guys
    2007 GT3
    Stoptech Trophy Kit / CCW C14 18" Wheels / Sharkwerks Bypass

How do I order one of these roll bars? It will work with the Cayman R, right? Please PM me the order information so I can order one ASAP. Thanks!
    2012 Cayman R

Quote Originally Posted by macleod View Post
    How do I order one of these roll bars? It will work with the Cayman R, right? Please PM me the order information so I can order one ASAP. Thanks!
    Glad you found the link Macleod. I know Eric's racing this weekend but he'll reach out soon. Good luck!

Niraj
    (Cayman_Sense from R/L + P9)

We can have one ready to go by the end of the week, a few days longer if you would like it powder coated. I'll send you a PM on details.
    Thanks!

and thank you too Niraj!

I have this roll bar installed in my car and I have noticed that my shoulder belts slide onto the curved portion near the driver's side door. I am running the Porsche Sport Bucket seats and need some advice on how to keep that left shoulder belt from moving onto the curved portion. Any ideas on how to keep it in place? Also, it seems like the belt has to be placed right at the beginning of the curve in the bar in order to get it aligned right with the harness hole through the seat. Is this the case or do you think I have it positioned too far right?
    2012 Cayman R

I have this roll bar installed in my car and I have noticed that my shoulder belts slide onto the curved portion near the driver's side door. I am running the Porsche Sport Bucket seats and need some advice on how to keep that left shoulder belt from moving onto the curved portion. Any ideas on how to keep it in place? Also, it seems like the belt has to be placed right at the beginning of the curve in the bar in order to get it aligned right with the harness hole through the seat. Is this the case or do you think I have it positioned too far right?
    You could order some aluminum 2 piece shaft collars from McMasterCarr. Align them with the outside edge of where you want the belts to be. Make sure the belts are double wrapped and tight.