Thread: For sale: RUF Turbo R

For sale: RUF Turbo R

Shopped.jpg

So after totaling my daily driver and with my financial situation being what it is, I thought I might do the "sensible" thing and sell my most prized possession. My Ruf Turbo R. I'm sure many of you are familiar with it.

Here's the ad:

RUF Turbo R. Fully documented RUF from new. Conversion done in RUF Germany including body work, engine, suspension, wheels, etc... Unique center exhaust usually reserved for the CTR2. Only known Turbo R with such exhaust from RUF factory. Over 550hp, Newer GT1 Brembo Brake system, Factory sport seats with custom color matched spedo. Body and paint in great condition. Brand new RUF turbochargers. Maintenance records available, All scheduled maintenance, Always garaged, No accidents, Well maintained, interior like new. Newer lightweight clutch and flywheel, Data log system, will consider partial trade.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

OMG... no dont do it..

That is one of the most beautiful 993's I have ever seen!

I wish I could afford it!
    street: GT3RS
    track: GT3CUP

If you really want to sell it and need help you should contact truespeed in costa mesa, ca

they specialize in selling air cooled high end porsches and might have someone that is interested in a car as unique and beautiful.

They might be able to get you a better price too.

http://www.truspeedmotorcars.com/

Ask for Terry
    street: GT3RS
    track: GT3CUP

Thanks, but the car sold in a few hours... :-(

I know the guys at Truspeed, great place, but I wouldn't net as much as doing it myself.

Damn, I think you could have got some more money for that.
    I have a twin we built here at Hergesheimer's. I was trying to fetch $80k for it but now that yours has sold for under that, going to make it hard.

^^^^
    Is your car a RUF TURBO R?

No it was not built by RUF, that's why it would be worth less. We built the car here at our shop. Started as a 96 993TT with 70k miles, now a 3.8L Twin plugged motor with a hotter cam, worked throttle and plenum, GT2 Turbos, and LWFW, AASCO head/valve job. Front and rear RUF bumpers and full black repaint(original color), Ruf wheels. Full carbon interior and FVD steering wheel. Has less than 1000 miles since the work was completed.

Looks very nice... unfortunately, the only mods that bring a lot more than stock is RUF. Especially nowdays.

Man that is one sweet looking RUF you had. I just love me a 993 turbo.
    Track prepped 997s Build

Yeah the market is tough these days for sure.

Well we hope to see you in another P-car soon. Going to be hard to top that RUF with the next one!

You got that right! What can I possibly get to top it? RUF CTR2 Sport, maybe!